Call Community Connections Lewisham on 0330 058 3464
Open Mon-Fri 9.30am – 4pm for anyone age 18+ for help with:
- Staying active, eg seated exercise classes, group walk, online yoga class etc
- Help accessing supermarket deliveries, volunteer shoppers, etc.
- Practical help with small one-off tasks such as shopping, gardening or changing a light bulb
- Finding employment, training and learning (including computers)
- Volunteering with local projects
- Socialising and meeting people locally, for example in music groups, coffee mornings, gardening sessions etc.
- Cost is same as calls to a landline even when calling from a mobile. This effectively makes the call free to people who have a monthly minute bundle as the calls are deducted from the inclusive minutes.
The Advice Lewisham Partnership is an information service led by Citizens Advice Lewisham and includes Age UK Lewisham and Southwark, 170 Community Project, Lewisham Multilingual Service and Lewisham Refugee and Migrant Network. It offers a freephone Advice Line 0800 231 5453 funded by Lewisham Council to support residents with enquiries about benefits, housing, debt, employment, immigration, family and a range of consumer issues.
If you need a food parcel, Lewisham Foodbank can support you. You will need to ask for a referral through someone like your GP, teacher, health visitor, housing officer, advice worker, social worker.
If you are unsure who to ask, you can call the Citizen’s Advice referral helpline on 0808 208 2138.
There are many local food banks and projects where you can just turn up. Click here to see a map of ones near to you and more details about when they are open.