Emergency Weekend Referrals
If you or the person you are referring will run out of food this weekend and need an emergency food parcel, please call 03330 150378.
All web forms submitted below will only be picked up on Monday.
How to request support
- Complete the web form below only if you are a Referral Organisation
- Call 03330 150378 – if you are requesting support for yourself or a neighbour/family member. The phone line is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (the phone number will be charged at the standard network rate but calls from mobiles may be higher – please check with your provider for more details)
Please note: the phone line is working but is very busy so please do try again if you don’t get through first time.
What support do we offer?
- A telephone befriending service
- Advice to help you through this crisis
- Practical assistance (shopping, errands etc)
- If you cannot arrange for food to be delivered to you, we can bring you a paid for weekly £15 food parcel
- If you cannot afford food, please get a referral through an organisation you are linked with (eg jobcentre, school, charity), and we can deliver a free food parcel to you. If you are not linked to an organisation, please call Citizens Advice Lewisham on 0800 231 5453 and they will assess your situation and make a referral where necessary.
When to expect to receive support
- Food Parcels – We will be prioritising those in most need. However we aim to deliver food parcels within 3 working days (Mon-Fri) of the referral. We can only provide one parcel per week and you will need to be re-referred or call again the next week to request another food parcel.
- Telephone Befriending – A member of the team will be in touch within 1-2 weeks to connect you with your Volunteer Befriender.
- Practical Assistance – A member of the team will be in touch within 1 week to connect you to a volunteer Personal Assistant.
Free School Meals Vouchers
If your child was receiving free school meals you can access weekly shopping vouchers for £15 per child that was receiving the meals.
Contact your child’s school to access these vouchers.
How we use your data
The following form asks for your permission to share your details with the partner organisations involved in Lewisham’s Community Response. These are:
- Rushey Green Time Bank (Lewisham Local)
- Voluntary Services Lewisham
- Lewisham Food Bank
- AGE UK Lewisham & Southwark
- Lewisham Council
If you do not select this option we may not be able to process your request for support.
Information on how Rushey Green Time Bank (Lewisham Local) uses and protects personal data and about personal data rights is available here.