Staying at home as much as possible is a priority in order to save lives.
However, exercise is still important for people’s physical and mental well-being, so limiting this to once a day is the advice.
Those outside must keep to the 2m social social distancing guideline.
The following are pieces of advice specific to enjoying green spaces:
- stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily
- you should only go outside alone or with members of your own household
- keep at least 2 metres apart from anyone outside your household at all times
- gatherings of more than two in parks or other public spaces have been banned and the police will enforce this
- if you have a garden, make use of the space for exercise and fresh air
- take hygiene precautions when you are outside, and wash your hands as soon as you are back indoors