We were fortunate to have Katrina Kircheis from Kika Training deliver this session, giving back to local charities in Lewisham.
This course focused on:
- Capitalising on the knowledge that already sits within your organisation
- Connecting your employees to share that knowledge
- Collate knowledge and content into a library, for people to access at any time and from anywhere to improve their skills and performance
- Scale and spread this approach so people can collaborate across your organisation’
Watch a 5 minute video of Katrin talking about this at a DisruptHR conference in Nottingham
The session focused on blended training approaches, demonstrating evidence that using these is 500% more likely to attract and retain talent. Some of this includes peer learning, with employees passing on knowledge to others as well as more traditional workshops. It was suggested that 70% of learning happens ‘on the job’, 20% happens socially and 10% formally.
‘We’re not in the learning business, we’re in the performance business’ – Charles Jennings
We mere encouraged to make learning a habit, ‘keep it human’ (think about how do we like to learn?) and utilise ‘positive peer pressure’ to engage those not-engaged in learning and development.
Learning Tools Suggested
- Connect people through technology – Slack, Whatsapp groups
- Set up ‘gatherings’ to share knowledge
- Build a content library that is user led by your employees!
- Start gathering knowledge that’s within the organisation
- Connect employees to share the knowledge (Most important!)
- Collate knowledge into a content library
- Scale and spread approach across this organisation