Lewisham Local is pleased to launch a ‘Community Food Projects Small Grants Fund’ for existing community food projects in Lewisham to apply for up to £750 to support their work providing food to Lewisham’s most vulnerable residents.
This fund has been launched to help groups meet the unprecedented and sustained demands for emergency food aid in Lewisham caused by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. There is £10,000 currently available.
The aim of this fund is to provide accessible, small grants to groups providing free or low cost food assistance for Lewisham’s most vulnerable residents to enable them to continue to meet the high demand for emergency food aid.
This fund is for groups with limited fundraising experience that may not easily access funds from larger grant funders as well as those whose funds or food supplies are running low due to the high levels of need. This fund is aimed at projects participating in or keen to join the Lewisham Covid Food Network to work collaboratively and strategically to tackle food poverty in Lewisham.
The grant could be spent on:
- purchasing food supplies to support community foodbanks, social pantries, projects providing food or meals during the pandemic
- purchasing fridges & freezers or increasing storage capacity
- transportation costs
- training and capacity building
- improve access to additional support services for clients
- Funds must be to support Lewisham residents
- This fund is for existing projects currently in operation
We encourage projects to apply that meet the following criteria:
- Are support Lewisham’s most vulnerable residents and those most negatively impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic
- Consider the needs and dignity of their clients (for example providing delivery, catering for dietary requirements and offering culturally relevant foods)
- Actively engage with the Lewisham Covid Food Network and its partners or are willing to join this network, to work collaboratively and strategically to tackle food poverty in Lewisham
- Have not received any grant funding before or face barriers to access funds from larger grant funders
What you need to know
- Deadline for applications is Sunday 24th of January at midnight
- Applicants will be informed within two weeks of the closing deadline whether they have been successful
- Projects will be asked to provide a brief project report to demonstrate impact and spend within 2 months of the project’s completion.
Please sign up to our newsletter to receive future funding announcements.