If you or somebody you know is a victim of domestic abuse contact Athena, a Lewisham based support charity who give confidential advice.
The provide a leaflet detailing all the support that they provide with gender based violence.
This includes one to one, non-judgemental support. A specialist independent gender-based violence advocacy team to support clients at risk of serious harm.
There is also a specialist service for 13-19 year old girls.
There is group support and a peer support scheme to help break isolation and build social networks.
Any woman or girl over the age of 13 and any man over the age of 16 and any Transgender person can use Athena for support.
Athena provide support by creating a unique support plan geared towards guaranteeing safety for each individual, this includes:
- Talking to someone who knows what you are going through.
- Giving support with contacting the police.
- Moving away from the area
- Accessing a refuge
- Staying at home, but working on a plan to keep you safe
- Receiving support if you consider going to court
- Accessing legal advice
- Managing your financial situation
- Finding out about community support networks
- Getting specialist support for your children