YGAM is a UK charity with a social purpose to inform, educate and safeguard young people around the potential harms caused by gaming and gambling.
Gaming Is a Lot of Fun. Whilst children are not at school it is likely that they are spending more time than usual playing games either on their own or with friends.
According to a report published in October 2019 by the Children’s Commissioner, 93% of young people play video games.
Gaming & Gambling – Spotting The Signs
Are you concerned about your online behaviour
or those of a friend?
Have a look at the key indicators listed on the following slides
and information on where to get help:
- Preoccupation with gaming
- Downplaying time gaming
- Unable to set time limits
- Avoiding family/friends
- Being overly defensive
- Headaches or migraines
- Neglecting hygiene
- Extreme fatigue
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Spotting problematic gambling:
- Spending too much money/time
- Finding it hard to manage or stop
- Arguing with family/friends
- Thinking/talking about it all the time
- Chasing losses or suffering debt issues
- Gambling until you have nothing left
- Feeling anxious/worried
- Losing interest in hobbies
- Neglecting personal needs
- Lying/hiding gambling
- Selling possessions
YGAM offer free accredited training and resources for people working directly with young people.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.