Get Involved with the Great British Spring Clean in Lewisham
Is your group planning an activity over the Great British Spring Clean March 20th-April 13th? Or are you an individual looking to get involved with a green space, clean-up or garden near you? The Great British Spring Clean is a great opportunity to get involved and help keep Lewisham tidy!
How your group can get involved:
1) Add your action to the Great British Spring Clean’s map (this could be an existing activity that fits the campaign or a special action)
2) Send the details of your action (or link) to Keep Britain Tidy so they can spread the word
3) Start to promote– they’ll be using the hashtag #LewishamSpringClean
4) Share photos and stories from your day, or request for one of their Community Researchers to come and visit on your day of action to write a story for Lewisham Local’s good news blog
5) Incentivise and reward your volunteers with a Lewisham Local card. Remember anyone who volunteers their time to make Lewisham a better place is eligible to receive a Lewisham Local card – just complete this registration form and will send you a card and booklet for free in the post.
Find a clean-up near you:
1) Check out the map to see where clean-ups are happening near you
2) Sign up and invite your friends and family to join you
3) Share photos and stories from your day – they’ll be using the hashtag #LewishamSpringClean
4) register here to receive a Lewisham Local card to say thank you for volunteering your time
For more information about Keep Britain’s Tidy’s national campaign: The Great British Spring Clean check out their website.
Looking for outdoors volunteering opportunities?
Why not come along to our Get Involved Fair on Saturday 25th April, 11am-1pm at Lewisham Library to find outdoors volunteering activities like gardening, conversation and park festivals.
Organisations can sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/get-involved-fairs-tickets-82941142189