There is an emergency payment for those eligible for Universal Credit who are facing further immediate, financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have no other assistance available. If you have no income as a result of losing your job or ability to work, you may qualify for a one-off payment.
The payment is a grant so it does not need to be paid back. It does not replace any other form of support from the Government.
Can I apply for the grant?
To apply for the grant you must:
- not have an earned income
- have savings of less than £6,000
- be a permanent Lewisham resident
- be liable to pay rent, bills, a mortgage or council tax
- claim or have made an application for Universal Credit.
There may be a delay in Universal Credit being awarded. You can claim for immediate support if your initial payment from Universal Credit is delayed.
How much will I receive?
The grant will be a fixed amount based on:
- the number of people in your household and their ages
- set amounts of money that the Government suggest you need to live on.
How do I apply?
Fill out our online application form. You will need to provide:
- a contact number
- an email address
If you disagree with our decision, you may ask for it to be reviewed. Any decision following a review is final and you have no appeal rights.
You need to log in to your My Lewisham account before you apply. Log in or register for an account.