Sign up to Some Amazing Training and Learning Opportunities from Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board
- Safeguarding Adults Review (SAR) – Online Learning Events: These will outline the key learning themes and provide an opportunity to discuss the issues in a safe environment.
- SAR Lee – 26th November 9am – 12pm: Exploring the complex issues linked to long-term alcohol misuse, frequent hospital admissions, and the implications linked to adult’s discharging themselves from hospital (led by Michael Preston-Shoot the Independent Chair of LSAB). click here to book
- SAR Mrs A and Miss G – 7th December 10am – 1pm: Exploring the local issues connected with Hospital discharge processes and providing care in the community for adults with complex needs (led by Mick Haggar the reviewer in this case). click here to book
- Online – Hoarding Awareness Workshops December 11th: These will be delivered by Heather Matuozzo (Clouds End) who is a leading expert in this area of work.
a) 9am – 12 pm click here to book
b) 1pm – 4pm click here to book
The following events are supporting the ‘16 days of activism against gender violence’ campaign that officially starts on the 25 November (International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women):
- Online – Networking and Safeguarding Champions Event – 24 November 10am – 12.30pm: This event is specifically designed to help improve engagement with the diverse range of BAME communities in the Borough, and will be exploring the health impacts of Covid-19 and the disproportionate effect this has had, and more generally the barriers to reporting abuse and neglect, as well as a specific focus on domestic abuse. click here to book or contact email@example.com to find out more.
- Online – Familial Abuse Awareness Event – 30 November 11 30am – 12.30pm: This short webinar will explore this subject in the context of non-intimate relationships for older adults. The session will delivered by Lucy Giles from Safelives who are a highly regarded charity dedicated to ending domestic abuse. click here to book
- Online – Domestic Abuse in the Deaf Community – 2 – 4pm (hosted by the Deaf Health Charity – SIGNHEALTH): This will explore theexperiences and fears of the Deaf Community, and signpost professionals to sources of information, resources and support. Tuesday 1st December – click here to book Wednesday 9th December – click here to book