Mental Health Insight Survey
Mabadiliko CIC is an organisation that is passionate about improving public services for Black people and ensuring that the community has a voice in how services are designed and delivered for them.
NHS South East London Clinical Commissioning Group has commissioned Mabadiliko CIC to help them better understand, from the perspective of adults in Lewisham who self-identify as Black, the existing inequalities in their experience of mental health. Specifically, they want to understand:
- What may be contributing to inequalities in access to or experiences of available services
- How communication around mental health care and support services can be improved
- Opportunities to help Lewisham citizens have a better experience of services and achieve better personal outcomes.
Mabadiliko CIC would appreciate your participation in this important work by completing a short online survey.
You are eligible to take part in this survey if:
- You identify as Black, are a Lewisham resident aged 18 or over and have sought support for mental health (for yourself or others); which may or may not include experience of the following:
- You have an experience of using talking therapies (Improved Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) and Counselling services);
- You have an experience of community mental health teams (CMHT) or admission to hospital ward for mental health support.
Please share the link with family, friends, neighbours and colleagues who might be eligible (as noted above). They need to hear from as many people as possible.
The survey will not ask you for personal details and your responses will be anonymous. Your responses will be kept confidentially and used exclusively for this study. All survey information will be deleted when the study is completed.
If you would like to be considered for stage 2, the 1-1 interviews after you complete the survey, email your name and contact details to email@example.com.
Mabadiliko will provide further information to you after you have registered your interest. Please note, your participation is completely voluntary. You are free to withdraw at any time and do not have to give a reason.
In addition, Mabadiliko are also recruiting Interviewers who can help recruit participants. They can pay up to £25 for each successfully completed interview transcript. Let them know if you are interested in doing interviews and they will send you details about the on-line interview training session that they are planning for next week.