About the Mayor’s Award
The Mayor’s Award was launched to recognise the voluntary contributions of individuals, young people, community groups and local business in Lewisham. Award recipients were nominated by a resident or organisation based in Lewisham.
The next nominations will open in Autumn 2019.
Winners of the 2018 awards
The Mayor’s Awards 2018 were hosted at the Civic Suite by Lewisham’s Mayor Damien Egan on 30th November 2018. Over one hundred nominations for individuals and organisations were submitted to celebrate a voluntary contribution in Lewisham. All nominees received a Mayor’s Award certificate with four nominations selected as category winners.
- Young person achievement award – Ashleigh Maskell
- Individual award – Sue East
- Local business award – Parlez Eatery
- Community group award – The Church of the Good Shepherd with St Peter, Lee
Click here for a full article of the 2018 awards evening.
Winners of the 2017 awards
The Mayor’s Awards 2017 were hosted at the Civic Suite by Lewisham’s Mayor Sir Steve Bullock 24 November 2017. One hundred people and/or organisations were given a Mayor’s Award, thanking them for their voluntary contribution in Lewisham. Three were awarded as category winners and two were presented with special awards from the Mayor:
- Robert Morrison – Individual Award
- Teklehamanot Beraki – Young Person Achievement Award
- Deptford Folk – Community Group Award
- Pat Fordham MBE and David Cummins were presented with special awards for ‘exceptional contribution to community life in Lewisham’ for their voluntary work for Phoenix Community Housing.