Who can get a rapid test
Anyone without coronavirus symptoms who needs to leave the home for work or volunteering can get a rapid COVID-19 test.
If you are working outside of your home, out in the community or coming into contact with customers, you are thought to be more at risk of spreading the virus. Get tested regularly to help protect your family, friends and everyone in your workplace.
Rapid tests are also available for households and support bubbles of nursery, primary, secondary and college-age children and young people. As well as getting tested at one of our rapid test sites, you can collect rapid tests from some local testing centres or order rapid tests to be delivered to your home (more information below).
Book a rapid test
Use the online form below to book a rapid COVID-19 test if you don’t have symptoms.
You can book to have a rapid test at:
- the Civic Suite, Catford Rd, Catford, London SE6 4RX
- the Green Man in Downham, 355 Bromley Rd, London SE6 2RP
- Deptford Lounge, 9 Giffin St, Deptford, London SE8 4RJ
- Ignition Brewery at the Sydenham Centre, SE26 5QX.
Test appointments must be booked in advance for Deptford Lounge. Walk-in tests are available each day after 11am at the Civic Suite and the Green Man.
Evening appointments are available on Tuesday and Thursday at Deptford Lounge, Ignition Brewery at the Sydenham Centre and Civic Suite, Catford. The last appointment is at 7pm.
You can use the NHS’s interactive map to find a rapid test centre near you. The map also shows the opening times for each rapid test site in Lewisham.
What you need to bring to the test site
When you come to your rapid test appointment you need to bring:
- a copy of your test site pass (and passes for any children/dependents getting a test)
- photo ID – a driving license or passport for each person getting a test
- a smart phone or tablet, which you will need for registration
- hand-sanitizer or antiseptic wipes – you will do the test yourself, so you’ll need clean hands
- a face covering for each person aged three years and over (unless you are exempt).
You may also want to bring a bottle of water as we cannot provide water at the test site.
There are no toilet facilities at the test site.
It’s a walk-in site only so plan your journey and allow plenty of time, walking or cycling if possible.