Sandra Endersby from Endersby Training was kind enough to offer free training on 27 November 2019 to 8 individuals.
Learning to Listen is the most important thing in developing communication skills
- Don’t bring your baggage to work – if something stressful or negative happens, be aware and don’t bring the issues into that space
- Think before you respond – watch out how much emotion is involved!
- Think about body language – face to face can be quite confrontational. Could you sit down or stand side on?
- If a colleague/friend is in a confrontational situation, interrupt and help remove them (ie ‘you have a phone call’) and start again (‘How can I help?’). This can greatly increase the change of deescalation
- Language is very important – think about the words you are using and how they can be interpreted – cultural differences are very important to be aware of too
- ‘I’ statements can help take responsibility – don’t be passive and put it onto others. This can help others not to feel attacked
- If misinterpretation appears to happen – try and see it from the other person’s perspective – what is going on for that person?
Endersby Training Ltd (ETL)
ETL can provide in-house training, but feedback from clients suggests that delegates are usually more focused if they attend training days away from their place of work. ETL has established a number of suitable training venues that are easily accessible by public transport.
Endersby Training are offering 15% off for Lewisham Local Cardholders.