Do you know someone who might benefit from a one off or regular phone call? They may be housebound or just feel isolated from their community for short or long periods. This can be particularly true at Christmas.
The following organisations have been recommended from Table Talk (working with Lewisham Positive Ageing Council) and partners.
- Silverline – 0800 470 8090
- Independent Age – 0800 319 6789
- Be on Hand – 020 3488 2912
- Red Cross – Connecting Communities – 0344 871 1111
- Friends of the Elderly Phoning Friends Service – 020 7881 1167
- Voluntary Services Lewisham – Telephoning & Group Befriending Services – 020 8291 1747
- Crossroads Care – 01322 336 086
- Age UK – Call in Time telephone befriending – 0800 678 1602
We have purposely listed phone numbers as the first point of contact, but all the organisations have excellent websites and many will ask you to refer yourself or a friend via a form. Most of the services are free. Remember also that some vulnerable adults, such as those living with mental health issues may need careful introduction.