Lewisham’s largest organisations to procure contracts with are public sector employers that include: Lewisham Council, Lewisham Homes, Lewisham College, Phoenix Community Housing, Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust.
In November 2019, a Meet The Buyer event was designed to advertise access to Lewisham’s public sector contracts more widely.
Frameworks to register on and where to find contracts
- Register on London Tenders Portal – For contracts over £50K
- Most contracts under £50K are usually devolved to departments rather than procurement teams
- Register with South East London Chamber of Commerce, to stay up to date with tender alerts. Plus Lewisham Local Members get a discount!
- For larger contracts, sign up to TED – Tender Electronic Daily
- Gov.uk Contracts Finder – contracts worth over £10,000 with the government and its agencies
- e-Tender for HE Universities – Goldsmiths University puts many of its contracts on here
- Register on frameworks –
Key things considered in a submission
- Compliance and completeness
- Detailed proposal demonstrating a clear understanding of the requirements
- Clear milestones for delivery
- Relevant qualifications and experience of delivering similar requirements to what is being tendered for
- Clear breakdown of costs to deliver the service
- Make the most use of your allocated word count and reference all relevant content to the Specification
- When responding to Tender Questionnaires, avoid generic responses and explain “how” your company will meet the Specification.
How tenders are scored
There are 2 elements: Price and Quality which also includes Social Value.
- Price – Instructions are within the Invitation to Tender (ITT) on how this will be evaluated
- Quality – Experience relevant to the specification evidenced by the bidder through Method Statements