About the Event
The event was an information and panel discussion event for leaders in Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations to:
- Help the Voluntary Sector groups navigate their roadmap for re-opening their spaces and services
- Discuss what support Voluntary Sector groups affected by Covid might need
- Hear about the Covid-19 vaccine roll out in Lewisham and explore solutions for improved take up.
You will already be aware of the phased roadmap announced by the Prime Minister on 22 February. The first phase of Stage One involved the school return on 8 March, followed by a second phase from 29 March, allowing the reintroduction of outdoor sports and outdoor parent and children groups, providing conditions are right.
There will be three further stages, all of which have implications for the Voluntary Sector. For example:
- Stage Two (not before 12 April) – libraries, gyms and community centres reopen
- Stage Three (not before 17 May) – indoor entertainment such as museums, theatres, cinemas and children’s play areas can open as can hostels
- Stage Four (not before 21 June) – most remaining restrictions lifted
Many thanks for attending the Roadmap to Recovery event on Tuesday 16th March for the Lewisham Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations.
Below you can find details of the speakers and access their presentations:
Letizia Gambacorta – Grants Officer, Cultural and Community Development Department at Lewisham Council presented on the Roadmap out of the lockdown.
Raymond Kinsella – Business Partnership and Engagement Manager at Lewisham Council presented on the Covid Business grants.
Steve James – Communications and Engagement Manager from NHS South East London Clinical Commissioning Group presented on the Lewisham vaccination programme update.
We hope that you find it useful and informative. We are aware that more time might have been useful to expand on each topic. We are considering hosting separate events as follow ups to further discuss together, with your input and ideas, how to work around the issues and nuances that we all need to take into account in our respective contexts and operations.