1. Domestic Abuse During COVID-19 Webinars Update. This flyer is for Volunteers for 1st & 4th May, and GP’s and Pharmacies for 7th May. More dates will be provided for other groups of professionals in the coming weeks.
2. Young Minds have produced the results of their survey of Coronavirus Impact on young people with mental health needs
3. Lewisham Council have provided an advice page for parents “Supporting the Mental Health of Your Child”.
The LSCP has also included a number of links on our page for children and young people to connect with services, such as Kooth.
4. Mindful Mums run by Mind. Maintaining good perinatal mental health/supporting fragile mental health for pregnant and new mums, to provide 5 week programmes run by trained women with lived experience. These programmes are continuing to run via zoom but there are now additional virtual drop-in sessions so please spread the word among your teams:
“In addition to our usual 5 week programme in Lewisham (groups on Tuesdays and Fridays) we are offering (virtual) drop-in sessions during lockdown, these are called Mindful Mums at Home. These are 40 minute long sessions with a different topic each week. Each is a stand alone session so mums can come and go as they please. There are two sessions; Wednesday 11.30am and repeated Friday 1pm. If any of your mums are interested, please ask them to sign up at email@example.com These will continue as long as they are needed and are peer-led by our trained volunteers, just like the 5 week programme.”
Please also see a video that the team and volunteers made to advertise the virtual drop-in groups. Please share: https://www.facebook.com/blgmind/videos/2628106890807359/
5. Lewisham Youth Offending Service Tech Group have produced “From Online Gaming to Online Gambling Recognising the signs” resource for parents and carers to look out for.
6. The LSCP has a new Inter-Agency Escalation Policy to support the partnership in resolving professional differences of opinion when working with children and their families.