Borough-wide (NCIL) Programme Overview
What is NCIL?
CIL is a levy that local authorities can choose to charge on new development, CIL must be spent on infrastructure to support the development of an area, such as for schools, hospitals, roads, open space, and leisure facilities. NCIL is the element of that levy to be spent of local priorities. In Lewisham, the NCIL is spilt into a borough-wide pot and a ward-based fund. The Ward fund will launch in September / October 2021.
- Funding pot is £977k.
- £100k to be spent on air quality projects development of borough wide air quality initiatives that promote community involvement
- & £877k – Borough fund to address the 4 priorities benefitting 2 or more wards or pan-borough activities
- The borough-wide NCIL fund is open 28 May – 25 July 2021.
Borough-wide NCIL priorities
- Initiatives that seek to support local community groups to contributing to tackling crime and anti-social behaviour
- Provision of high quality mentoring services and those designated to keep Lewisham’s children and young people safe from exploitation, violence and serious youth crime
- Support for people with learning disabilities and/or mental health problems to find employment opportunities
- Projects that will assist in Lewisham’s Covid-19 recovery by demonstrating a benefit to Lewisham’s communities at a borough wide level
Who Can Apply?
Residents of Lewisham, including Members, Neighbourhood Forums and other amenity, business and community groups made up of residents. The Fund is open 28 May – 25 July 2021
The NCIL borough wide fund has been designated into four pots detailed in the table below. This is to provide the opportunity for a broader range of applicants and projects.
- Up to £10k
Projects delivery between 12-24 months, December 2021 – December 2023
Applications to be made via the grant’s portal – an easier & simpler for applicants includes guidance note, research and information and a link to the Lewisham Observatory.
Support & Assistance
The session will cover:
- NCIL overview
- NCIL priorities
- Funding pots
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Application process
- Who can apply?
- What makes a good project?
- Making an application
Enquiries / 1-1 sessions
020 8314 6595 firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant portal link; https://communityfunding.lewisham.gov.uk/
- Fund open 28 May – 25 July
- Mid-September Assessment Completed
- Late October Mayor & Cabinet – recommended projects for approval
- November/ December – Grant Agreements Signed
- December – project delivery commenced
- Projects completed by December 2023