Laugh out loud this summer at Catford Mews, London’s newest independent entertainment venue, as South London’s best comedy club returns on 01 July! Invite a friend, get a drink at the bar, and settle down for a night of live entertainment at your favourite community venue.
Laugh the night away with six up and coming comedians, who will take to the stage for an evening of great jokes, jibes and gags. The evenings MC will be Chris Douce, a Golden Jester semi-finalist, and comedians performing alongside will include:
- Tom Mayhew: Deemed as passionate, articulate and – above all else – hilarious, Mayhew mixes the personal and the political, with the punchline-rate of a one-liner comic. Basing most of his material about being working class, his 2019 Edinburgh show I, Tom Mayhew, received 4 and 5 star reviews across the board, and transferred to a sell-out the Soho Theatre
- Dave Chawner: Number one best-selling author, award-winning comic and BBC presenter, Dave is a stand-up comedian, writer and mental health campaigner who has appeared on BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Radio 1, Radio 2 and Radio 4
- Sikisa Bostwick-Barnes: London local Sikisa was a finalist in the BBC new comedian award and has recently performed on the Jonathan Ross show
- Peter Merre: Peter is an established BBC Radio comedy writer and regular talkSPORT and SOCCER AM guest. A self-proclaimed football enthusiast himself, and topical comedian, he has written shows for both the Edinburgh and Brighton Festivals
- Kitty Cassis: Accomplished character comedian & actor, Kitty guarantees a raucous romp through the world of beauty treatments, astrology and a nostalgic anecdote for every occasion
- Luca Cupani: Italian comedian Luca won his first ever gig at the Gong Show of the London Comedy Store, and has gone on to win ‘So You Think You’re Funny?’ at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival
Comedy club guests will also be able to make the most of Catford Mew’s huge variety of food vendors. From fan favourites such as Twerk’n’Jerk, Two Dogs Down and Fuse, to the latest vendor, Southeast London’s My Kibris Kitchen and onsite café Compound Coffee, there is something for everyone!
Taking place on Thursday 01 July, doors open 7.30pm, with the show starting at 8:00pm running until 10:30pm. Tickets are £6.50 and are available to purchase here.
Spearheading a revival of the Catford Centre, Catford Mews is a 14,000 sq ft venue providing a multi-screen cinema, live entertainment space for music and comedy, pop-up food market with local traders, an eventually co-working areas and exhibition space. The cinema is the first multi-screen in Lewisham in almost 20 years and all programming is done in house in partnership with the Independent Cinema Office (ICO), with extensive consultation with the local community to select films.
The cinema’s ‘family favourite’ film selection are only £3 per ticket each weekend this month, making the movie magic experience accessible to all cinema-goers locally and beyond! Films include; MULAN (12 & 13 June), SPIDERMAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (19 & 20 June) and THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG (26 & 27 June). To book visit their website here.