Lewisham Council have received two discretionary government funds from Department of Health for voluntary sector and faith groups who have incurred additional costs for infection control and/or testing between 1 July 2021 to 30 September 2021 for the purpose of reopening face to face activities.
Infection Control Discretionary Fund
This is for voluntary and faith groups who have incurred additional infection control costs, such as PPE, Screens, Cleaning Materials, Additional Staff Time to facilitate the measures e.g. putting up screens, stewarding, cleaning time etc.
Testing Measures Fund
This is for voluntary and faith groups who have incurred additional costs supporting Covid testing. Some examples of costs you may have incurred to support Covid testing could be: staff time coordinating lateral flow testing, IT/databases to support testing, volunteer costs to support testing, communications and marketing costs to encourage testing for your staff and service users.
Who can apply?
Any voluntary or faith groups who meet all of the following:
- Can demonstrate charitable purpose (e.g. submit constitution, charitable aims document)
- Incurred additional costs of infection control measures (e.g. PPE, screens, cleaning etc.) and/or testing in the period 1 July 2021 – 30 September 2021 for the purpose of resuming in person activities and services.
Both funds will operate on a ‘first come first served‘ basis. Applications will not be considered after 30th September 11.59pm for either fund.
Amount you can apply for
You can apply for either or both of the two funds.
- Infection Control Discretionary Fund – Grants will be considered up to £1,000
- Testing Measures Fund – Grants will be considered up to £1,000. However, in exceptional circumstances where you can evidence you have needed to spend more for testing, you can submit for more and each application will be considered on it’s own merit.
Before filling in the form below you will need
- Itemised list of expenditure, named supplier of goods and total cost
- Organisation bank details
- Evidence of all expenditure which may be receipts, bank statements, invoices. These do not need to be submitted at this time but may be asked for by the Department of Health subsequently