Request Support Form
How to request support
- Complete the web form above only if you are a Referral Organisation
- Call 03330 150378 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-3pm) – if you are requesting support for yourself or a neighbour/family member. The phone number will be charged at the standard network rate but calls from mobiles may be higher – please check with your provider for more details)
The phone line is working but is busy so please do try again if you don’t get through first time.
What support do we offer?
- A telephone befriending service
- Advice to help you through this crisis
- Practical assistance (shopping, errands etc)
- If you need food but cannot shop for yourself or are unable to get online shopping, we can bring you a paid for weekly food parcel. The food parcel costs £20 and includes:
- Individual Tins – Tinned Peas, Beans (2), Soup (2), Tomatoes, Tuna
- Individual Jars – Pasta Sauce, Jam
- Individual Packets/boxes – Tea Bags & Coffee, Pasta, Biscuits, Fresh Milk, Cornflakes or other
- Toilet rolls x2
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Portions – Potatoes x2, Carrots x2, Onions x2, Tomatoes x2,
- Courgettes x2, Apples x 2, Satsumas x2, Bananas x2
- Fresh Other – Bread, Eggs x6, Margarine
- Packs – Cheese, Ham
- If you are in financial hardship and cannot afford food, please speak to an organisation you are already in touch with (this could be Age UK, Citizen’s Advice Lewisham, your child’s school or Lewisham Homes for e.g.) or support worker (this could be a job coach, housing officer or social worker) and they will make a referral for you. We will then deliver a free food parcel to you. If you are not linked to an organisation, or you have no support worker who can make a referral, you can call:
- The National Citizens Advice helpline on 0808 208 2138
- Advice Lewisham on 0800 231 5453
When to expect to receive support
- Food Parcels – We will be prioritising those in most need. However we aim to deliver food parcels within 3 working days (Mon-Fri) of the referral. We can only provide one parcel per week and you will need to be re-referred or call again the next week to request another food parcel.
- Telephone Befriending – A member of the team will be in touch within 1-2 weeks to connect you with your Volunteer Befriender.
- Practical Assistance – A member of the team will be in touch within 1 week to connect you to a volunteer Personal Assistant.
Free School Meals Vouchers
If your child was receiving free school meals you can access weekly shopping vouchers for £15 per child that was receiving the meals.
Contact your child’s school to access these vouchers.
How we use your data
The following form asks for your permission to share your details with the partner organisations involved in Lewisham’s Community Response. These are:
- Rushey Green Time Bank (Lewisham Local)
- Voluntary Services Lewisham
- Lewisham Food Bank
- AGE UK Lewisham & Southwark
- Lewisham Council
If you do not select this option we may not be able to process your request for support.
We will only share your data to ensure you receive the support you asked for from the most relevant organisation. We may also contact you to follow up and ask you about other support you may require.
Information on how Rushey Green Time Bank (Lewisham Local) uses and protects personal data and about personal data rights is available here.